For example, a company representative from whom we rented the vessel for the flotilla cruise that we are on, may contact all vessels in the flotilla.
After broadcasting the Group Alert on VHF CH 70, voice communication continues on selected working channel.
Practice on VHF radio simulatorThe following indicates the procedure for broadcasting a Group Alert to the same MMSI Group as our VHF radio belongs to on VHF CH 70 using the VHF DSC controller:
- Select working channel in Radio mode
- Switch to DSC mode
- Press Call softkey
- Press Type softkey three times to scroll through different types of calls to the Group Call
- You can change the channel to be used in voice communication (by default it is the same as working channel) either
- From pre-programmed VHF CH 06, 08, 72 and 77 - press Chan softkey to scroll through them and press E key, or
- Manually enter the channel number - use keypad to type in channel number and press E key
Setting up and broadcasting of a Group Alert on VHF CH 70
Reception of a Group AlertAfter the reception of a Group Alert on VHF CH 70 the radio will automatically re-tune to the working channel. Then a voice message on working channel should be listened and voice communication could continue.
Practice on VHF radio simulatorAfter the reception of a Group Alert you can:
- Accept the call: Press softkey OK.
- Not accept the call: Press key C to cancel ringing and clearing the display. Press softkey Stop to cancel ringing only.
Reception of a Group Alert