Long Range Certificate. Just as every driver needs a license to drive a car, operators of marine radios also require a license. Radio operators on leisure or commercial vessels not under the regulation of the SOLAS convention that are fitted with long range communications (MF/HF radio) or satellite equipment must be qualified to a minimum standard. This standard is the GMDSS LRC (Long Range Certificate).

» Glossary